An athlete may be eligible for nomination into the Lima City Schools Athletic Hall of Fame after four years following graduation from Lima City Schools
A team may be eligible for nomination in to the Lima City Schools Athletic Hall of Fame after four years.
A coach may be eligible for nomination after having coached at Lima City Schools and not coaching in the Lima City Schools for at least 4 years.
A sports contributor is eligible for a nomination as an individual or group who has helped to develop and foster growth of athletics in the Lima City Schools athletic community. Any Lima City Schools athlete, coach, community member or group who has had a significant impact on the athletic community may also be eligible for nomination.
Under unique circumstances the Hall of Fame Committee has the ability to waive the number of years requirement and/or graduation requirement with 2/3 majority vote of the committee.
The following athletes, coaches, teams and sports contributors candidates shall be eligible for nominations:
- Selected into any national hall of fame
- Achieved a world record
- Has participated in the Olympics, World Games, representing the United States
- Played for or won an amateur national championship or professional championship on a team or as an individual
Athletic Hall of Fame Time Line
- Nominations: Open May 14 thru September 13.
- Committee Meeting/Selection: September 13 thru October 15
- Athletic Hall of Fame Inductees Announcement: October 23
- Athletic Hall of Fame Ceremony Weekend: February 14 – February 15